Sunday, May 18, 2008

To Sock or Not To Sock

This sock looks sorta ok with the stripes & dots, you can see there is some sort of lace pattern to the leg & top of the foot. Then I put it on. Hubby took this picture that exagerates my long foot & toes, and shows the disappearing pattern of lace. Even up close, it is hard to see the lace.
So the final verdict is, off to the frog pond, rip-it, rip-it, rip-it. I am using it as a learning experience for this sock and plan to further my education with the next sock by knitting a toe-up on two circulars stockinette with plain ribbing sock.

On to other knitting, I am playing with different versions of my K1P1 Preemie hat. It is something to do while taking breaks and cooling off from laboring on our property.

1 comment:

Birdwell said...

I can see what you mean. Perhaps--next time increase your stitch count in the lace bit so it shows up more and isn't stretched out. And stripes ALWAYS make my already skinny feet look really long and skinny.

I totally understand about being anal---I knit so slow because I want each stitch to be perfect.

Good luck on you next sock--I love the color and patterning.