Saturday, January 3, 2009

Kntting Presents & Other Goodies

My mother gave me a gift "to stir or spur" my creativity. She was checking out the Stitching Post and didn't know of any needles I needed or any yarn for a particular project so was just browsing. She spotted a selection of purse/bag handles that had WOW factor and picked out a set. She knows how much I like to knit bags. I do have a pattern for a cabled felted bag and some yarn that would be perfect with these handes but I am letting the whole idea gel. Something else may be the project that comes to mind.

My other knitting gift was the book Mason-Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines!!! Our daughter loves to give me knitting gifts and buy yarn for me so this was another example of her wonderful sense of the right gift.I've already selected at least 3 projects for my to-d0 list. And laughed insanely through some of the wonderful stories and comments. Love it!

That may have been all the knitting presents but not the last gifts. My daughter also shares my love of reading (as does my mother) and sent two other books that seem very enjoyable, especially the one that takes place in a small fictional town in West Texas. That one is by Dixie Cash's "Since You're Leaving Anyway, Take Out the Trash." The other is by Malinda M. Hall "Nowhere is Somewhere."

To cap off the whole package my daughter included a card. She has become quite the card-maker using photo editing, great fonts and other fun stuff on them. The only thing she hasn't quite mastered is the verse. While she is a great writer of prose, poetry is not her thing. The trick to the card is that it is a photo of her that I have never seen and treated to be in the style of Alponse Mucho. It is also blurred a bit. I will confess, I am a bad mother, I had to ask who the picture was. She used Mucho pictures on the back of the card and on the envelope lining. I saw a few elements that were her, but it wasn't a photo of my little red-haired darling! Here is the card front, back and envelope.

1 comment:

Aunt Kathy said...

Oh those handles are beautiful. I LOVE them, and the card too. I don't have any mason dixon books yet but I will, one day.