Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year, New Beginnings

At least I would like to think that this is a new beginning - posting more often. I've been having so much fun in the warmer temps of far south Texas. Really nice to sit outside to knit and visit with people walking by. We had a nice Christmas and New Year's Eve with a little bit of partying here in the RV Park. Nothing too wild, mind you.

I posted photos of the Secret Santa gifts I received but have not yet shown what I sent my pal. I found a beautiful cabled bag pattern on Drops website http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=98&d_id=54&lang=us. Since I like to knit cables this was a perfect pattern. I added a couple of Christmas cloths I had test knit for a friend. The patterns are Sleigh Ride and Sleigh Ride Reindeer and can be found on Knitwits Alley site http://knitwitsalley.tripod.com/. A notebook (giftee is a prolific writer), some herb teas and a handy towel made up the rest of the gift.


Other Christmas knitting is a pair of Penguin Housesocks for my son. My friend, Elaine, from Down Cloverlaine blogspot wrote darling penguin bib and cloth patterns. She sent me the chart for the penguin cloth for me use on the socks. Ther cloth pattern is on her blog http://downcloverlaine.blogspot.com/2008/04/penguin-washcloth.html along with many other really cute bib & cloth patterns. Son specified short top socks and really soft. He checked my stash and requested Lion Brand Cotton Ease as the yarn.


Another Christmas project was a Wavy Feathers Wimple. I had some soft rosey mauve fingering weight yarn and I've been wanting to knit a wimple, smoke ring or cowl for a while so I thought I would knit is for my Mother. I wasn't really sure that she would like it or wear it but since she was spending Christmas at my sister's house, I guessed that if Mother didn't like it, my sis would. Sure 'nuf, it was passed on and sis is wearing it in the cold blasting winds of El Paso. I promised Mother I would knit her something else of her choice when she decided what she wanted. The wimple pattern is on this site http://www.carylldesigns.com/wavy_feathers_wimple.htm
.

4 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Oh I really like that purse. It looks so complicated.

Janice and Gerald said...

Pat - that's beautiful!!!

Mortaine said...

Let me say, again, I LOVE THIS BAG!!!! Just wow, Pat. It's sooooo pretty. Thanks, again and again for the lovely loveliness.

Bev said...

Love the bag and the wimple! Will you be my SS next year?? teehee...