Wednesday, May 26, 2010

King Arthur and Knitting

Are you wondering just what is going on with the combination of a king and knitting?  It all started with a blog contest at Brighton Wool Gatherings at That'll Do Farm.  They had a newborn cria, that's a baby alpaca, that needed a name.  It thought the little guy looked very regal and suggested the name "King Arthur".  Andrea liked the name and I won some yarn.  I selected the naturally white lace from Juneau of Promised Land Alpacas.  I haven't decided just what project will be perfect for this yarn.  For the time being I am enjoying petting it and looking at patterns.  The needle with the yarn is a size US 1 that was handy.
On the knitting front, I have to show you just-plain-cute-as-a-button Max wearing the Chill Out Bib.

On the needles now is The Daily Sweater from "Mason Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines."  I am usng the Tahki Valentine wool and cotton yarn that I got for $1 last fall.  There are slubs in the very-splitty yarn but I think it will add to the sweatshirt casualness of the sweater.  The photo just shows a shapeless blue blob.


Also on the needles is a toe-up sock made with On Your Toes Bamboo.  It is a lovely tan, blue and cream varigated but the sun washed out the colors.  Pattern is Double Eyelet Rib Socks by Wendy Johnson.  I am knitting it using Magic Loop.  Don't know why I had not tried that style of knitting before.

No comments: