Sunday, May 9, 2010

Thank You, Mother

Happy Mother's Day to a wonderful woman who is most responsible for me being ME!

Thank you so much for the million and one things you have done for me over the years:

For loving my Daddy and demonstrating it in front of us kids so I learned how to show love.

For singing.  You sang around the house, at church and at special events. You taught me a lifelong love of music of all types.

For reading books to me until I could read them myself.  Even then I enjoyed listening to you read to little sister.  You took us to the library and convinced the librarian that we all needed to check out more books than 2 little ones a week.

For all the clothes you sewed, especially when you had to mix and match patterns to get the look and fit I wanted.  I remember shorts sets, skirts, shirts, dresses and prom dresses that were "just right" for the occasion.

For helping me learn to sew and embroider and enabling/encouraging me to learn to knit.

For the special birthday cakes and wonderful meals you prepared.  You taught me how to cook and enjoy the creations. 

For being my friend.

I could go on and on but hope these few things show how much I love and appreciate you.

For Mother's Day I knit a couple of small tote/market bags for Mother.

I am not forgetting my "other" mother, my dear mother-in-law.  She will be 95 years old next month and is no longer able to read or comprehend much of what is happening.  She is very dear to me and has treated me as a daughter from the day I married her younger son.  We have become such good friends and shared interests and laughs. 

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers.

1 comment:

Bev said...

Love the bags and the Laugh, Dance, Knit cloth! Very nice Mother's Day sentiment!