Friday, September 7, 2012

2012 Fall Mystery Shawl Clue 1

"I let my mind wander
And what did it do?
It just kept right on goin'
Until it got back to you
I let my mind wander

Can't trust it one minute
It's worse than a child
Disobeys without conscience
It's drivin' me wild
When I let my mind wander"

I Let My Mind Wander by Willie Nelson

Letting your mind wander is a fatal mistake when knitting on lace.  Thank goodness I had earlier had presence of mind to put in a "lifeline" so only had a few rows to tink.  Tink is knit spelled backwards and to tink is to undo the knitting stitch by stitch.  Think about how you get a runner in you hose.  Same thing with a dropped stitch in knitting. 

As it was, I got it all back on track and have finished the first clue or set of instructions.

The yarn is Ella Rae Lace Merino and the beads are transparent silver-lined glass.

The second clue will be out on Saturday so I am ready!



2 comments:

AnneH said...

Ohh, that is going to be so pretty!!! All my favorite colors.

Knitphomaniac said...

Pat, I love it! It looks awesome!!!! I am not quite done with clue one, but hope to have it done early tomorrow so I can move on to clue 2.